Robyn Whitworth Study Grant
Robyn Whitworth was a community health nurse and supervisor on the North West Coast. She was one of the first palliative care nurses appointed in the community. After her untimely death her nursing colleagues started a fund to provide a grant for Tasmanian nurses in her name.
This grant is valued at $2000.
Applications open on 1 July and close on 10 August for the following year.
How to Apply
- Completed application form.
- Curriculum vitae including Academic and Clinical Practice achievement.
- Professional participation profile.
- Referee reports (2) non-academic. It is your responsibility to ensure referee forms are forwarded to each referee who is asked to return the completed forms to the secretary by the closing date.
- Statement addressing criteria.
Selection criteria (what the selection committee will look for)
- Description of current studies.
- Why you have chosen the particular study program.
- How you are going to use your future qualification to advance nursing practice.
- What are your long term career aspirations.
Florence Nightingale Study Grants Conditions
- Applicants must be resident in Tasmania for two years prior to the application.
- Presentation of a report on current study program and career aspirations at a professional assembly nominated by the Committee.
- Study Grants will be paid in two instalments during the academic year. The 2nd payment will be made on proof of continuance of proposed study program.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Applications without supporting references will not be considered.
- The selection process may involve interviews.
- The decision of the Selection Committee is final.
- The selection committee reserves the right not to make a Grant in any one year.